Don’t give your customers what you want
How to make sure your products will sell
Pretty confusing main title, isn’t it? I’ll bet you’re wondering exactly what I’m talking about.
Along with the other biggest mistakes restaurants owners make, offering customers what the owner thinks is good, instead of what the customer thinks is good, is a surefire way to lose money in the restaurant business.
Here’s the scenario I’ve seen a dozen times.
- Young couple sells their house and moves to a new city
- New city doesn’t have restaurants offering their favorite foods from previous city
- Couple decides to leverage all their assets and open a restaurant selling the fantastic food from their last city that they know everyone will love if they would just try it
- Couple doesn’t realize the complexity of the restaurant business, and opens up underfunded and underexperienced
- No one comes to restaurant, and couple blames their vendors, their employees, their landlord and…
View original post 610 more words